It’s been a minute, but here you go.
- Unpopular Opinion. This created quite a stir on Twitter, especially among New Yorkers – even NY Democrat and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer chimed in. I am totally down with this. More surface area to put more cream cheese on. If you like a denser bite, then put two slices together, but you still have more cream cheese. I like the control this slicing affords you.
- Surpising opinion. So I experienced this while watching the Golden Globes earlier this year, but I didn’t want to say anything ‘cuz I didn’t want to be a weirdo, but now it’s confirmed. I’m not the only one. I saw this happen with Patrick Dempsey. He was a teen actor who played the nerd, and then 20 years he resurfaced as McDreamy. And now…what the heck Steve Carrell??!?
3. Flip-flopping opinion. I posted this in a private group. As you can see by the thread, I had some mixed feelings about this outfit. After some encouragement from my friends, including a remark from my fashion soulmate that the outfit was totally Me, I settled into it. What a roller coaster of emotions tho!
4. Can-we-just-be-honest opinion. Listening to this guy talking up a woman here…and just an observation, but you would think that there’s no one funnier than a very pretty girl. To be fair and balanced, though, to hear it from women, it would seem that there’s no one nicer than a super good looking guy either. Can we just say the truth? They’re hot, OK. They’re not funny, they’re not nice – they’re just hot. Sheesh.
5. Nuanced opinion. In this day of hot takes, cancel culture, and faux boycotts, it can be difficult to find a nuanced opinion. I have had to grow into my own realization that many of the people I greatly admire are also quite flawed. Wrestling with the gray of it all is an ongoing and lifelong process. I enjoyed reading this op-ed by Out Executive Editor Raquel Willis who articulated the conflicting feelings one can have about mourning people with anti-LGBTQ+ pasts – in this case, the late great Nipsey Hussle. #longlivenip